TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BOOK COVER DESIGN SERVICES
1. BookCoversForYou.com designs ebook covers and print book covers for a fee, 50% of which is paid when you place the order for a custom cover, and 100% for pre-made covers.
2. In the case of our ebook cover design service, you are paying for the design of one complete ebook cover design, provided as a high-resolution jpeg file to use for your ebook.
3. In the case of our print cover design service, you are paying for the design of one complete paperback print cover, provided as a high-resolution print-ready PDF file, and laid out according to one template provided by Amazon KDP Print, Ingram Spark or Lightning Source, or your own printing company. Note: The fee includes the provision of the final print-ready file for only one of those service providers. Any additional files will incur additional costs. Also, included in this service, is the corresponding ebook cover for the same book, supplied as a high-resolution jpeg file, as well as a 3D rendering of your book cover for marketing purposes.
4. In order to design your cover, we purchase the license for royalty-free stock used specifically to design your cover. You may not use these images in any other way, other than as part of your book cover design.
COVER DESIGN PROCESS
1. We start off with the front cover or ebook cover. We provide at least 2 first drafts/concepts upfront.
2. If you want changes to ONE of those drafts/concepts, we’ll do them to the best of our ability in a reasonable time, usually within 1 or 2 business days – sometimes a bit faster, sometime a bit slower. This depends on the nature of the changes and how busy we are at that time.
3. We won’t make changes to both drafts. Those two different drafts will be made up of two different concepts. This is the time for you to make a decision on which concept you would like to move forward with. And that’s the one we will work with until you are happy (in most cases – see below).
4. If you really don’t like those first drafts, then we will design at least one new draft option, although it may be more at our discretion, and the change process (for one concept) will go from there. If you’re still not happy with any of the drafts/concepts created so far, we may, at our sole discretion, decide to continue with at least one new draft/concept, or cancel the project.
5. Once you’ve decided to go with one of the concepts, and we have started finalizing or making changes to that draft, the earlier concepts are “off the table” and no longer available to be used. If you decide to continue with an earlier draft after it has been rejected, the later draft designs will be charged for at a separate fee of at least 50% of the value of the normal ebook cover design fee.
6. Once you have selected a concept to move forward with, we will make as many changes as necessary for that cover, within reason. We want you to be happy with the final cover, but if we can see that no matter what changes we do, or if we just cannot do what you are looking for and it’s not going to be satisfactory, we reserve the right to cancel the project and retain the deposit to cover the work already completed.
1. We will do the following changes once the initial concept is approved:
· Changes that do not substantially alter the approved concept and,
· Are within the original brief and,
· Can be done through the use of existing stock imagery,
· Do not constitute a completely new cover design
2. Usually these changes consist of tweaking certain individual elements of the cover, changing colors, moving elements, changing text placement and/or fonts, and resizing.
APPROVAL AND YOUR LICENSE
1. Once the ebook cover is approved, and if you have only ordered an ebook cover design, we will send you the invoice for any remaining fees owed. Once this paid, we will send you the final high-res ebook cover and 3D rendering, as well as any additional files you may have ordered upfront.
2. Once this has been done, you are granted the exclusive license to use the final cover design artwork for your ebook cover and any associated marketing materials. You may not alter the cover design in any way, unless those alterations have been approved in writing by BookCoversForYou.com, or supplied by BookCoversForYou.com.
3. You are not granted any rights to use any of the earlier drafts in any way whatsoever.
4. Once you approve a cover, you agree that you are satisfied with it as it is, even if it includes errors or inconsistencies or any defects whatsoever. BookCoversForYou.com is not liable for any penalties, errors or losses of any kind that may arise from the use of your cover. Any changes made to the approved cover design after the approval will be charged at a separate fee (dependent on the nature of the changes).
1. Once the ebook cover/front cover is approved, we will start on the print/paperback cover. This will be made up of the already approved ebook cover (with minor changes, if necessary for printing), as well as the design of a spine and back cover. In order for us to start this part of the process, we require the following information:
· The final trim size
· The final page count
· All the text and other information you would like on the back cover
· The printing you are using (usually Amazon KDP Print, Ingram Spark or Lightning Source)
· The paper color you are using
· If you are printing with Ingram Spark or Lightning Source, we also require your ISBN.
· If you are printing with anyone other than Amazon KDP Print, Ingram Spark or Lightning Source, we will require you to provide us with a template from your printer.
2. Please note that we require the final details above. If these details change after we have started with the layout of the print cover, there will be additional costs.
3. We will send one print cover draft based on the above information, and will make reasonable changes until you are happy.
4. Once the print cover is approved, we will send you an invoice for any outstanding fees, and once paid, we will send you the final high-resolution print ready file in the form of a CMYK PDF.
5. You will be responsible for distributing this print ready file to your printer.
6. You will be responsible for obtaining a printed proof of your final print cover.
7. BookCoversForYou.com is not liable for any errors or losses of any kind that may arise from the printing of your cover.
8. Once you approve a cover, you agree that you are satisfied with it as it is, even if it includes errors or inconsistencies or any defects whatsoever.
1. BookCoversForYou.com formats books for a fee, 100% of which is paid upfront when you place the order.
2. The client acknowledges he/she has obtained all rights and permissions to publish materials to be used in the project and shall be solely responsible for the materials and the validity of copyrights, trademarks and ownership claimed by the client. Client agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend BookCoversForYou.com and its employees from any and all libel and copyright and permission infringement action resulting from materials client provides.
1. The client or BookCoversForYou.com may cancel this agreement at any time by providing written notice to the other party. If either client or BookCoversForYou.com cancels a project before work has started, neither the client nor BookCoversForYou.com is under further obligation to the other, and this contract will be considered cancelled.
2. If the original brief changes in any way, we reserve the right to cancel the project immediately.
3. If the client should stop or cancel a book cover design job once it has started, the client agrees to forfeit 50% of the project total sum. This is to cover resources and time taken during the project up to the point of cancellation. The client will have no rights to any mockups sent to the client and agrees to destroy them. If the client should stop or cancel an editing job once it has started, the client will pay for the work completed through the date of cancellation.
4. If you wish to cancel your project after the final ebook cover/front cover has been approved, you will forfeit 100% of the ebook cover design fee.
5. In the case of any cancellation from any party, all designs already created by BookCoversForYou.com and sent to the client must be destroyed by the client. The client retains no rights to any designs whatsoever.
1. All correspondence from and to BookCoversForYou.com will be via e-mail or the website BookCoversForYou.com. There are no exceptions.
1. All client information and materials are considered confidential and only for use by BookCoversForYou.com to work on a project. Client information and project materials will not be given out or shared with any third party, unless otherwise requested by the client
1. BookCoversForYou.com requires cover design credit appear in client’s book (either on the back cover or on the copyright page) as such: “Cover design by BookCoversForYou.com.”
1. Client is fully responsible for proofing the book cover design provided by BookCoversForYou.com. It is strongly suggested that client requests a proof from the printer before publishing or ordering any copies of the book. At no time will BookCoversForYou.com be held financially or legally responsible for any problems, costs, fees or expenses incurred by client as a result of using the book cover design.
2. The client agrees to abide by the terms of any license agreement for any stock images purchased by BookCoversForYou.com through a third-party image provider for use in client’s book cover design. The cost of cover design includes the standard license (www.shutterstock.com/license-comparison ). Images used for client’s cover are royalty-free; however, the photographer owns the copyright to those photographs.
3. It is the client’s responsibility to maintain proper image licensing for any image used in the cover art.
If the cover is downloaded greater than the stipulated amount or the cover is used in any way that is not covered with standard license so that the cover breaches the stock photo contract, it is at the client’s liability.
4. BookCoversForYou.com is not responsible for any penalties by stock photo companies due to licensing infringement.
5. Client is fully responsible for proofing the book cover design provided by BookCoversForYou.com. It is strongly suggested that client requests a proof from the printer before publishing or ordering any copies of the book. At no time will BookCoversForYou.com be held financially or legally responsible for any problems, costs, fees or expenses incurred by client as a result of using the book cover design.
1. BookCoversForYou.com is not liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including loss of revenues or profits, loss of business or reputation, or loss of data, in any way related to our services. BookCoversForYou.com is not responsible for any claim, loss, or injury based on errors or any other inaccuracies appearing on our site or in our clients’ written documents, including without limitation as a result of any breach of the terms and conditions of this agreement.